Class on October 30th was different from our usual class day. We attended a light and sound trade show up in 401. Four different companies came to talk to us about their products. Only one was a company that focused on acoustics. The common ground all three lighting companies was that the products were sustainable and were LED lights. One light that stood out the most for me was the TBAR LED lighting. What I thought to be most impressive for this light was that it was smaller than you typical troffer light. This light goes in between the acoustic tile grids and provides the same amount of light as a troffer. It was a great indirect diffused light, meaning that there was no harsh line showing where the light flow ended and it would not give off a glare. This type of lighting was great to see because this is the type of ambient lighting would be good to use in my circulation spaces as well as the classrooms.
One thing that I wish happened was for the representatives to look at our light maps. I feel like if they looked at what types of lights we wanted to put in and where, they could have given us more feedback on what light fixture would look best. Though I did get many pamphlets about the different lights that they offered, so advice would have been nice when pursuing the rest of the light project.
No comments:
Post a Comment