After these demonstrations we were able to get into a laser show, this was really exciting. Rick explained that the art given off from the laser isn't one light, it is the fast movement of the lasers that are creating the picture projected onto the ceiling. In all it was a fun field trip and very informative.
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Field Trip to Greensboro Science Center
Last Thursday the class and I took a trip to the Greensboro Science Center to learn a little more about light. Going into the trip I was really excited because I've heard that the Science Center is a fun place to go, so I was eager to see what all the talk was about. Getting there we went into a room where Rick, a man who worked there, talked to us about light and showed us some cool demonstrations. Some of the things I learn was that light is not a particle nor a wave because it has characteristics of both. For example when you look a how polarize lenses work. The demonstration that stuck out the most was the subtraction of light. How you get white light is by adding all there of the light primary colors; red, blue, and green. When you stand in front of all three colors your body blocks the mix of the colors and that is why you can see the different colors around you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment